Utah Gathering... Woodland Hills Style

Many thanks to Scott Stratford for arranging a 2007 Woodland Hills reunion which was held at the Woodland Hills chapel. Many attended, but there were others who had conflicts or were not able to make the trip from out of state. A few of us decided to organize a Woodland Hills gathering in Utah! The date that we picked is January 17th, 2009 - 5 pm.

For now, our reunion is tentatively planned to take place in Highland, Utah at the home of Monte Kingston. If we have sufficient numbers, we will look at an alternative location - probably at a nearby Church.

We would love to see our old friends! I don't mean old, as in old... but old, as in... you know what I mean.

Please RSVP as soon as you can, so that we can let others know who will be coming. Since it will be at my home, I guess I will be the 1st to RSVP - I think I can make it. :)

Send your RSVP, along with the number of people that will attend from your family, to: 1cougar1@comcast.net - also, if you can attended, tell me 3-4 of your favorite songs from the 70's. I will be creating a compilation of music for the reunion - no, Bob Nevers, this is not a dance!

I have set up a section for you to post your various family BLOGS. I really don't blog, but my oldest daughters do (I am getting help with this site, as you probably guessed). You will need to send me your BLOG links and I will add them to the BLOG link section (right side of the page). This is for all Woodland Hills alum - particularly those of us that were in Woodland Hills during the 1970's. If you can't make it, please update us about you and your family.

Feel free to call me, or email me, with any questions. My cell phone is: 801-360-7615.

Monte

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Favorite Woodland Hills memories...

I have some great memories from the time that I lived in Woodland Hills. Many of those memories are focused around particular events in my life, but which have friends attached to them. We did live in a different time, but I remember riding all over the valley on my 10-speed bike - to Chatsworth, Fallbrook Square, Topanga Plaza, etc... We ventured far from home on many occassions.

One particular memory I have, which was shared with many others, was the World Record basketball game - 111 hours, 11 minutes and 11 seconds (do I have that right?). The humor of Steve Ganzel (sp?) kept the game from getting too boring.

What are some of your favorite memories from those days?

No comments: